Cats are beautiful, majestic creatures. I think we can learn a lot from cats in their ability to be in the moment and how they relax and breathe. We want to get to know your cat. We believe that it’s important to play with your pet while we are car sitting for them.. kong kickeroo’s, tunnel hide and seek or flying feather toys, just let us know their preference. If it’s grooming or just being there ready with a welcoming lap to sit on – our lap is ready for them to paw on! We will always respect your cat’s wishes and if they are shyer and don’t feel ready to come out we will sit there and wait for them. There’s no pressure involved.
Our cat visits are 20 minutes long (providing your cat is in at the time) as we believe it’s vital to make your absence as stress free as possible. It’s not enough to simply run in scoop their litter, and change food and water – to me that’s not quality or sufficient cat care. We want your cat to get to know their carer, build a relationship and associate positive things when they arrive! They’ll miss your presence while you’re away and we want to make it as stress free as possible for them and have lots of playtime opportunites. Our cat sitting service in St Albans takes away the stress of car travel and a trip to a cattery or cat hotel where there are different sights, sounds and smells and strange unfamiliar cats.
We believe less is more when it comes to cats.
We’d always let them approach us first and have a sniff of us – cats are solitary animals by nature after all.
Cats are creatures of habit and enjoy routine, so we will aim to maintain this as much as possible. We will find out whether your cat enjoys laptime and grooming or prefers a hand off approach. We’re very passionate about the benefits of cat visits in the home and we wrote an article for the Pet Professional Guild’s magazine about cat sitting vs cattery stays, you can read it here.
We know that it’s imperative to play with your pussycat. That’s why our visits are 20 minutes long.
What’s included – cat and kitten care visits:
- Washing of food and water bowls
- Preparation of food including raw food and adding supplements
- Administering medication
- Fuss and attention
- Replenishment of food and water
- Scooping of litter trays and a deep clean of the tray can also be included
- Administering medication
- We also provide house care services including watering plants, opening blinds, taking out recycling and waste bins, picking up post and turning lights on and off.
Why choose us?
- Non – livered vehicles – we don’t advertise that we’re visiting your cat
- Experienced key holders and in operating security alarms
- Convenient online booking system available
- Insured and DBS verified
- No minimum number of visits
- Time saving and stress relieving as there’s no trip to and from the cattery involved
- Available 365 days a year and often at short notice
- We will keep in contact with you to let you know how your feline friend is
- If your cat has a cat flap this can be left open so they can continue to explore outside
- You can always meet the person who is caring for your cat and going into your home beforehand
£12 per visit per day
£23 for 2 visits per day
There’s no extra charge for weekend visits.
Travel: Homes outside a 5 mile radius of St Albans will be charged £1 per mile each way
The following days are charged at double rate: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are charged time and a half. All other bank holidays incur a £10 supplement.
Having a cat that is 10 years old and who is on a special diet means that I was reluctant to leave him to have a break. However after Lisa came round to discuss my cat’s history, dietary requirements and needs I knew he would be in safe hands. Thankfully Lisa was available to take care of my cat overnight, which was great as I didn’t want to leave him alone and there was the extra benefit that my home was safe and secure. Whilst I was away Lisa sent me regular photo and text updates. When I returned my cat was relaxed and content.
I will definitely use Albany Pet Services again.