Adolescent Dog Training
We can teach impulse control, learning not to jump up, reliable recall and loose lead walking all are fantastic dog training skills for your dog to master. It’s an exciting world out there and our dog’s naturally don’t have these skills, but they can be taught them with consistency and training.
We will teach and give guidance on
Dog body language
We will cover dog body language – our favourite subject! We will teach you to know whether your dog (or other dogs) are comfortable in a situation or not – this is important to notice so you can prevent problems from the outset. We can teach you subtle dog body language signals to look for in other dogs so you can avoid any problems in the park.
We will teach basic manners such as: wait, not jumping up, hand targeting, eye contact (these can all be very useful in day to day situations when you would like your dog to relax, be patient or focus on you instead of the big fluffy dog in the distance!
Life – saving skills
We will teach how to leave items on the floor (people leave so much rubbish on the floor which is dangerous for your dog and can lead to expensive vet bills.) We will teach drop so you can have your comfy slipper back!
For times you’re out in the countryside with your dog, we can also teach them to come back when called – avoiding stress and fear.
Settling down and being calm
We have guidance on teaching your dog to settle down quietly on their bed while you’re busy working or helping your children with their homework. We also can suggest activities to keep them occupied, content and entertained.
Some more manners
We have some loose leash walking solutions so your dog learns to walk nicely on the lead down the street without pulling towards other dogs and people. We can teach them how to not jump up on you, others, the kitchen counter in search of food.
Life is about having fun!
Who says an old dog can’t learn new tricks?!We can teach some tricks that you and your family can teach your superstar dog.
We will also teach you how to set your dog up for success in their environment by relevant activities chews and toys and tell you about the equipment you’ll need for training.
We set up our loose lead walking programme as we know it can be painful and dangerous for you and your dog if they’re pulling on the lead. It doesn’t have to be like this!
- Worksheets and helpful handout’s
- How to guides
- Coaching in small online group envrionment
- A call before the sessions begins if you have any questions
- 1 hour visits via Skype, Zoom demonstrating to you on how to implement each training session with your puppy
- BONUS content – a free coaching plan worth £20 so you reach your training goals
- Are you typing into google ‘dog training near me’? Well we’re available globally! Contact Lisa.
Why choose Lisa?
- Professional and experienced canine carers and trainers
- Postgraduate Professional Development Programme in Clinical Animal Behaviour at the University of Edinburgh commencing September 2020
- Members of the Pet Professional Guild and Animal Building Blocks Academy
- Canine coaching diploma
- We use only kind, modern and scientifically proven methods
- Trained in canine body language
- Supportive coaching – we’ve been there and know what you’re going through
- Experienced dog care professional
- We can coach and support you – this is important – we we’re always teaching the human anyway!
- Professional dog walking diploma
£90 per 5 week session
Sunday’s 11am – 12pm
Are you unsure how this will work virtually or what you’ll need?
Contact Lisa to arrange a complementary 15 minute call so we can run through how it will work, then you can decide if it’s right for you and your puppy.