Cat and New Puppy Guide
Cats are creatures of routine and habit. Welcoming a new puppy home may be stressful for them. Stress can make a cat very unwell and they can experience negative emotions such as feat and frustration. The emotions can manifest in problematic behaviour such as aggression, hiding or house soiling. If it’s not addressed chronic distress on a cat’s immune system may lead to decline in physical heath and cause idiopathic cystitis. Prevention is always better than cure. A cat’s environment is really important to them and we can work with you to optimise your home for them so you have a a content cat.
We set up our cat and puppy guide as we know that creating an environment where your cat feels safe and secure is important for their physical and mental health and wellbeing. A harmonious dog and cat relationship is important.
- Written report of ideas environmental and occupational considerations for your cat and how to make it a more harmonious home
- Consideration of your cat’s breed and what games and activities they may like in particular
- Support on choosing a breed of dog
- How to manage first introductions
- Steps on how to train your dog to be calm around your cat
Why choose Lisa?
- Completed courses with Cats Protection
- Completed International Cat Care’s ‘getting to know your cat’ course
- Professional and experienced
- Ongoing PPD with the University of Edinburgh Royal Vet College
£90 per hour
We provide enrichment services for cats as we know cats love and need to play and forage to be happy, content and stress free. There are a lot of considerations before welcoming a dog home – set the relationship up for success from the start.
We will ask you to fill in a pre questionnaire before you start so we can see if our online enrichment programme is right for you and your cat.
Testimonials coming soon